As Allies In Caring, we build collaborative relationships with clients, service providers and community partners.
With a sense of shared responsibility we form a therapeutic alliance with our clients, nurturing self-awareness, mindfulness and kindness, together we explore in a non-judgmental way both, problems and potential.
We enhance our clients’ engagement in treatment and outcomes through:
- Paying attention to the goals that are important for the client.
- Honoring the client’s experiences and views.
- Drawing out resources and intrinsic motivation that already exist in the client.
- Affirming the client’s capacity to choose whether or not to change in every situation.
- Identifying and reducing the barriers that get in the way of the pursuit of the client’s goals.
We respond and make sense of the complexity of needs of our multicultural clients, by applying culturally affirmative skills such as:
- Language accessibility; English, Spanish and Sign Language
- Knowledge of the specific effects of culture on the client, and
- Use of culturally and developmentally appropriate treatment goals, process, and content.
- We build collaborative relationships with staff, clients, service providers and community partners to cross-pollinate resources and strategies, make adjustments and successfully accomplish our common goals.
- We care about helping individuals and families meet their goals, in an environment that respects their privacy and supports the exploration and development of their strengths.
- We are committed to understanding and affirming differences including race, ethnicity, culture, education, economic status, disability, religion and sexual orientation.
- We are continuously developing and incorporating evidence based interventions and strategies.
- We pay attention to “Role, Goal and Context”, making sure that we take up our roles in ways that are functional and supportive of the goals of the individuals and the community we serve.
“We may want to love other people without holding back, to feel authentic, to breathe in the beauty around us, to dance and sing! Clearly recognizing what is happening, and regarding what we see with an open and kind heart, can free us to do so.”
Subscribe to Our Mailing List
Allies In Caring
425 N Third Street
Hammonton, NJ 08037
Video Phone: 609-798-0426